Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Wedding, Riley

My little brother got married this weekend.

IMG_4695r

I should say, one of my little brothers. Not the littlest.

I felt a little like it was a toddler getting married... I mean, he's just a kid after all. But I was wrong - he has a house and pets and a career and a whole family of friends that I don't know and now... now he has a wife.

Yes, I am admittedly much more emotional than I am normally and feeling very sentimental and family-ish these days, but still, it was exciting and fun and made me very, very happy to see him so happy.

IMG_4721c

Those people really like him. Like, really. Not because they are his family and have to either. But because they want to.
Weddings. They are a lot of work and exhausting and cost a lot of money and I have been known a time or two to tell people, don't waste the money - just go, get married, safe yourself the stress and anxiety and resentment and everything else that goes along with planning a wedding. You will be happier for it. But then I go to a wedding and I am glad those people didn't take my really bad attitude advice, because they are fun and theres nothing better than having all the people you love the most in the whole world, all together and having fun. (I do need to say that my wedding was awesome and fun and I have no regrets about any of it...but it was a lot of work and it was exhausting and it did cost a lot of money *but not a lot in terms of what some weddings cost* so I feel like I am in a position to say that. But I did love my wedding - every little thing about it!) 

There were 15 kids in the wedding, except Baby Rimini called in sleeping, so it was only 14. It went shockingly smooth and they were all so freaking cute that it was hard to think anything but that.

IMG_4681r

IMG_4714bw

IMG_4733r

IMG_4704bw

We ate and danced and (everyone else) drank. We stayed up far later than we ever would these days. We had fun. A lot of fun. So I will admit that I ate my words.

IMG_4758r
 
I have said it before, but I will say it again. The older I get, the more I see the importance in family. It's not always perfect, but really, what is? We are who we are and that's just the way it is. 
This was a great reason for us all to be together and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

IMG_4740bw
Congrats Riley and Steph! And thanks for such a great time!

p.s I just re-read this and noticed some serious over usage of the word fun. fun fun fun. I don't care, I am leaving it, cuz that's fun. heh. judge if you must!

p.p.s I came home to an almost dead planter of flowers, a garden that is crazy in need of weeding and picking and eating, a fridge full of cauliflower that was picked and now needs to be eaten. and a shit load of laundry to do. Welcome home.


No comments:

Post a Comment