Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Like Tooth Pain In My A**

I thought this day would come. When I would have to speak inappropriately to someone that I had formerly not had any problems with and therefore would have considered a friend, in protection of my baby girl. I just didn't know it would come so soon. I mean seriously... shes only seven and a half months old. I thought it would be when she went to Pre-School and was getting bullied. Or maybe even older, Grade One, when the cool girls wouldn't let her play with them at recess because they were part of the super cool Dora Backpack club and hers was a no-name plain pink one. Or better still, not until Junior High when all they would let her be was the bench warmer for the basketball team because she wasn't one of the lucky ones that had a major growth spurt the summer before, and was still an almost midget. No, it happened already. Today in fact. I made sure Missy was out of ear shot, I stood in my very own kitchen and I quietly, but very forcefully told the Tooth Fairy to F OFF. I told her to come back when she was ready to be nice. When she was ready to do things like leave money under pillows and sprinkle magical dust on pillows to bring wonderful dreams. Not when she was going to let a very small, yet very real tooth cut my baby girls gums, only to a few days later, retreat back into its stupid home. Not when she was going to cause my normally sweet, fantastically behaved child to be gripped by this horror that is called teething. Not when she was going to cause my Missy to be woken countless times at night, screaming and in pain. Not when she was going to cause my normally happy to nap child to become the master of not sleeping... EVER. This is what I told her. So now I wait. I wait to see if she listened. Or if she will be brave enough to try this again. I hope she understands the wrath that is a protective mommy. It would be in everyone's best interest to listen.

1 comment:

  1. You write so well Amy. You always capture my attention in the first few lines, usually the title, and I can't stop reading and even want more when I'm done! Good job!

    Poor Maisey and Momma, I hope she feels better soon and you all get some much needed sleep.

    ReplyDelete